End of an era KathrynP - Tue, 31 May 11:45
End of an era Clive B - Tue, 31 May 12:58
End of an era Passiflora - Fri, 3 Jun 11:52
End of an era joanna - Wed, 29 Jun 16:43
End of an era Myra - Wed, 17 Aug 01:56
End of an era Madge - Mon, 5 Sep 12:45

End of an era Date: Tue, 31 May 09:26
Author: Custom IconClive B Location: Llanddewi Ystradenny, Powys Profile
I'm getting close to retirement and have recently set up a new business ... ( http://www.redkitedesigns.co.uk ) ...
which with luck and a fair wind will keep me out of trouble and top-up my meager pensions.

I think it was 2004 when Helen & I took over running Ogg, and it has been immense fun.
Ogg is now a little over 17 years old - which is an impressive age for a website!

But, the internet has changed a lot since then, Chat Rooms barely exist anymore and social media have changed the net-scape beyond recognition.
In recent years smart-phones have become the dominant means of browsing the internet - and Ogg has not kept up.
Search engines like Google now 'mark-down' sites that do not display properly on smart phones and Ogg is in need of a complete make-over.

So I am looking for a new Owner / Webmaster who can make the necessary changes and rejuvenate the site.
If you know of anyone who might be interested - they can email me here.

http://www.overthegardengate.net/emailme.asp

End of an era Date: Tue, 31 May 10:40
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
Oh Clive! emoticonemoticonemoticon I cried when I read this but quite understand why it must be so. I have spent many happy hours over around 12 years on this website and have made (and met) many good friends. I will miss it enormously if it goes. And the Plant Archive is really excellent and would also be missed. I will ask around and hope someone will take over. Meanwhile many thanks for all your good work and my very best wishes for a happy retirementemoticonemoticon

End of an era Date: Tue, 31 May 11:45
Author: Custom IconKathrynP Location: South Cumbria Profile
We would like to echo Madge's post. Things do come to an end and we would like to thank you for your very hard work over the years. Good luck to you and Helen in your retirement - and in your new venture. Thank you.

End of an era Date: Tue, 31 May 12:58
Author: Custom IconClive B Location: Llanddewi Ystradenny, Powys Profile
The site more or less runs it self.
The advertising (that Oggies never see emoticon) pays for the hosting charges - so even if we can't find a new webmaster it could go on as it is for quite a while yet.

But I think it deserves better than sliding into obscurity just because it doesn't work properly on an 'smart' phone!

End of an era Date: Fri, 3 Jun 11:52
Author: Default User IconPassiflora Location: Warwickshire Profile
So sad to hear your leaving us Clive & Helen I hope the OTGG remains and you find some one to take the site over as good as you both have been to us all I may not comment much but do look in on my android phone which works fine on here.

I wish you both success in your new business venture it looks very interesting good luck. X

End of an era Date: Wed, 29 Jun 16:43
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
Thank you for all your work Clive. I do hope someone takes it over and updates it. Never mind, I still have my triangular pencil pot to remind me! emoticon Good luck with your new business and all the best.

End of an era Date: Wed, 17 Aug 01:56
Author: Custom IconMyra Location: New Zealand Profile
I have enjoyed this site very much.. Of late I have not been on as much as at first, but it feels like an old friend, which helped me through a sad time in my life.. and into the happy time when I found my delightful Meesha, my cat, when she was only 10 years young.. .. now 17 year old. she is still as loving, soft and cuddly as ever..

Best wishes to Clive B and family, and all the OGG friends. far and wide emoticon emoticon emoticon

Hope someone takes over who is as nice as you guys..

End of an era Date: Mon, 5 Sep 12:45
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
Hi Myra. It is good to know that you and Meesha are still going strong. I remember the lovely photos you posted of her. Both my cats Cagney and Cleo died in their 20s and I have 5 year old Lucy, a rescued cat, now. Keep well and happy!emoticon

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat