Home Over the garden gate forum
Back to Forum
 Checking in Heather - Sun, 14 Feb 07:42
Checking in Madge - Sun, 14 Feb 07:58
Checking in Heather - Sun, 14 Feb 08:17
Checking in Madge - Mon, 15 Feb 15:42

Checking in Date: Sun, 14 Feb 07:42
Author: Custom IconHeather Location: Christchurch New Zealand Profile
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/14/injuries-and-cliff-collapse-after-severe-earthquake-strikes-close-to-christchurch

Hi all, we are okay before some of my long lost Oggie friends start to worry. On 22nd February we are five years down the track from the anniversary of the day our city fell into ruins due to a devastating earthquake. Only yesterday I said to my husband that while it seems to be all over, it's quite surreal what happened to us and our city but today - - - hear we go again!. No loss of life but we are "enjoying" aftershocks aplenty but we're all okay. I just didn't want any of my friends to worry. Five years ago I couldn't check in as we had no power but all good today - so far. Love Heather

Checking in Date: Sun, 14 Feb 07:58
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
I thought about you when I heard the news last night Heather and was going to post today. Is it really 5 years ago?! Pleased to hear you are safe.

Checking in Date: Sun, 14 Feb 08:17
Author: Custom IconHeather Location: Christchurch New Zealand Profile
Yes it is. Thanks for caring Madge. We're getting rattled some more and the Sumner cliff has collapsed into the sea (Pacific Ocean). Town has had water disruptions but we're okay. We thought we were over them! Could do with being over them! They originally said five years ago that we could enjoy these for the next 30 years but we'
ve not been bothered for ages. Lots of rebuilding is happening. Lots of lovely new stuff going up in town. Our beloved Cathedral has sustained more damage. That breaks my heart as our son was a chorister in his youth. So so sad. I can't look at it without bringing tears to my eyes.

Checking in Date: Mon, 15 Feb 15:42
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
How sad Heather. I have always been thankful that I live in a country where the only natural disasters are occasional floods, where there are no life threatening animals or insects and only one rare snake. Keep safe xx

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat