Yesterday the twig was brown and bare;
To-day the glint of green is there;
Tomorrow will be leaflets spare;
I know no thing so wondrous fair,
No miracle so strangely rare.
I wonder what will next be there!
~L.H. Bailey

Spring .. Date: Tue, 7 Apr 21:59
Author: Default User IconBrian & Elaine Location: Nanango, Queensland, Australia Profile
That little poem reminds me of when Elaine and I first arrived in Australia from New Zealand in 1994. After we settled in to our new country we bought a car and began touring around. It was mid summer and one area we passed through had just had a bushfire go through two days before. The weather was extremely hot and uncomfortable, the smell of burning was almost suffocating with all the trees by the roadside blackened and leafless.

As we now know to be normal, within a few days the weather changed and it rained bucket loads. We wanted to look at another area and had to pass through this burnt out forest to get there. You can imagine our surprise when we saw that all the trees had lush new green leaves on all the branches with some even growing from the trunks.

Nature has a way of restoring the balance when something has gone wrong. Provided of course that the cause of the disaster was natural - man made disasters are a different story though. I can imagine nature saying, "Okay buster, you caused it, you fix it."

Spring .. Date: Tue, 7 Apr 22:49
Author: Custom IconDee Location: Mid Suffolk Profile
Tracking the arrival of Spring ....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/natureuk/entries/ec03f10b-aa7e-46a4-8671-67d8f9069bec

Spring .. Date: Wed, 8 Apr 12:27
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
I love that little story Brian. It reminds us to be always hopeful. emoticon

Spring .. Date: Wed, 8 Apr 12:28
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
Love the poem too Dee!

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat