Enquiry ... joanna - Sat, 30 May 18:31
Enquiry ... Madge - Mon, 1 Jun 12:43
Enquiry ... Dee - Wed, 15 Apr 12:39

Enquiry ... Date: Mon, 6 Apr 11:16
Author: Custom IconDee Location: Mid Suffolk Profile
HELLLL OOOOO ... ANYBODY THERE ..?

Enquiry ... Date: Mon, 6 Apr 14:32
Author: Custom IconLiz Location: Hants/Berks border Profile
I think everyone must be snoozing the afternoon away Dee.

It is so quiet on here lately, wish the old days would come back again emoticon emoticon

Enquiry ... Date: Tue, 7 Apr 00:35
Hi Liz
One post a day from everybody who logs on, is all it takes ...
As the saying goes ... If you don't want to lose it ... Use it

Enquiry ... Date: Wed, 8 Apr 12:33
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
Yes, Liz, this site used to quite busy, lots of photos, chat etc. I miss it too, although I must admit I am as guilty as anyone of not checking in very often. The fact it seems empty puts me off. If there was some way of being sent updates, I might be here more often.

Enquiry ... Date: Wed, 8 Apr 15:09
What's happening in your garden Joanna ... Mine is playing host to Moles Voles and other furry things ... even found a nest of mice in the greenhouse .. Made themselves at home in a small cardboard box .. furnished with white shredded paper ..

Enquiry ... Date: Fri, 10 Apr 14:01
Everything down here in Cornwall is growing like mad, Dee, including the weeds! I'm pleased to see that my new damson tree is producing shoots. It's growing in an area that isn't mine, just the other side of the fence. I cleared it because it was just brambles, ivy and other weeds. I've put in lots of plants I had duplicated. Hope it makes an attractive show in the summer for people walking along the bridleway. emoticon

Enquiry ... Date: Tue, 14 Apr 08:04
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
Yes, I miss the old days on OGG but I think Facebook, Twitter etc have stolen our thunderemoticon Sademoticon

My garden is looking good in the early spring, some pics in the Album.

Enquiry ... Date: Tue, 14 Apr 13:26
Author: Custom IconKathrynP Location: South Cumbria Profile
we too found a mouse nest - in one of Alan's boots that were in the garage. The nest was made up of onion skins and paper and also the tongue of the boot and the lace. Quite clever but disastrous for the boots. Just had a little walk by Ulverston canal and lovely to see cowslips, primroses, coltsfoot and celandine. Really lifts the spirits.

Enquiry ... Date: Wed, 15 Apr 12:39
Joanna ... I have planted a gooseberry bush ... never tried growing gooseberries ... wild shrubs and trees seem to thrive ... so hopefully so will the gooseberry bush ... The wild plum and blackthorn are in blossom ... had a bumper crop from both last year ... which isn't always the same every year ..

I love damsons but I haven't got any in my garden ...

Enquiry ... Date: Wed, 15 Apr 12:43
Yes Kathryn ... I too 'come alive' with the signs of spring ...

Enquiry ... Date: Wed, 15 Apr 12:53
Facebook serves a purpose most of the posts are like we used to say about newspapers ... Today's News Headlines ... Tomorrow's Fish and Chip Wrappers ...

I am active on FB but I am also busy helping keep my old school forum alive ... Only a handful of us are still contributing ... but between us in the last six years we have made 70,000 posts ...

It only takes a few dedicated posters to keep a forum alive ..

This is a very interesting forum and an effort should be made to revive it ...

Enquiry ... Date: Thu, 23 Apr 18:24
Joanna: You can choose to get updates on your Profile page. It is nice to see folks chatting again.

I had a rats nest last year in a compost bin and they had used a lot of different kinds of plastic. Very modern rats!

Enquiry ... Date: Fri, 24 Apr 22:30
Author: Custom IconHeather Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Profile
Yes it is nice to see people chatting Madge. Remember when the chat room used to be full. It was brilliant. This is far better than Facebook.

Enquiry ... Date: Mon, 27 Apr 14:13
Those were the days Heather!emoticon

Enquiry ... Date: Sat, 30 May 18:31
I've got 2 compost bins Madge, so twice as many rats! Luckily I have 3 cats, one of whom is a very good hunter. I don't like creatures being killed, but at the same time I don't want rats in the house.

Enquiry ... Date: Mon, 1 Jun 12:43
Rats around here appear not to like the smell of cats. I didn't have them when Cleo was alive even though she never caught one but in between her sad death and me getting Lucy, rats appeared. As soon as Lucy started to explore the garden they disappeared again, even though she is too fat and lazy to hunt them. Her idea of hunting birds is to run up to them, no stealthy, catlike stalkingemoticon I think she may have grown up with a dog as she wags her tail a lot and chases birdsemoticon

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat