Home Over the garden gate forum
Back to Forum
 Looking forward to Spring! Madge - Tue, 2 Dec 06:33
Looking forward to Spring! Madge - Tue, 2 Dec 06:45
Looking forward to Spring! Lisa58 - Tue, 2 Dec 20:02
Looking forward to Spring! joanna - Mon, 8 Dec 19:00

Looking forward to Spring! Date: Tue, 2 Dec 06:33
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
Friends are telling me that the unusually mild Autumn is causing their crocii and snowdrops to come up. Is this happening to OGGies?

I was so pleased with the long flowering life of my red 'Flaming Parrott' tulips last year that I have planted some blue, pink and black ones in deep containers this. I find deep containers are good for late tulips as I do not have to dig them up and I can put them in a corner to die down in May when it is time to get Spring bedding in.

What bulbs have you planted this year? Any new varieties?

Looking forward to Spring! Date: Tue, 2 Dec 06:45
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
http://www.jparkers.co.uk/bulbs-tubers/tulips/parrot-tulips

It isn't too late to plant them now as the ground is sstill warm.

Looking forward to Spring! Date: Tue, 2 Dec 20:02
Author: Custom IconLisa58 Location: Pennsylvania Profile
Our ground here (zone 5) is probably still workable to plant bulbs, but we've had a big snowstorm last Wednesday, and it's snowing again today. I've finished with the garden for the season. I did plant some extra alliums here and there last month. I just love them because they're so tall and the bees just adore them! emoticon

Looking forward to Spring! Date: Mon, 8 Dec 19:00
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
Hi Madge. Those tulips look gorgeous! I have cleared a piece of ground at the side of the muddy lane to my house. It was all brambles and ivy and dead branches. I have planted 15kgs of mixed daffodil bulbs there. I hope it makes a good show in the spring.

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat