What do you do? Dee - Sat, 14 Jun 21:15
What do you do? Madge - Sun, 15 Jun 16:23
What do you do? Impy - Sun, 15 Jun 19:34
What do you do? Madge - Mon, 16 Jun 09:04
What do you do? joanna - Mon, 16 Jun 16:19
What do you do? Madge - Tue, 17 Jun 03:35

What do you do? Date: Sat, 14 Jun 09:19
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
What do you do when you've been poorly and unable to garden, even cut the grass, everything has grown and gone completely wild? I just don't know where to start. The only thing I am doing is to keep feeding the birds. Any encouraging advice please?

What do you do? Date: Sat, 14 Jun 11:26
Author: Default User IconKev Location: North Dorset Profile
I know that problem and sympathise. A little bit each day was the answer for me, seeing a little more sorted every day helps to keep the motivation up :-)

Or you could 'cheat' and pay someone to do the worst of it for you ;-)

What do you do? Date: Sat, 14 Jun 14:17
Author: Custom IconKathrynP Location: South Cumbria Profile
I also understand the problem but have no suggestions for you. Didn't want to read and run.

What do you do? Date: Sat, 14 Jun 21:15
Author: Custom IconDee Location: Mid Suffolk Profile
Joanna, sorry to learn that you have been poorly. My suggestion would be if you see a task that needs doing, and you feel well enough ... Do it ...no matter what it is, no matter how small. Repeat the process whenever you have the energy. Every completed task, is one step nearer to getting things back to some sort of normality. I know it is a winning formula, because that is what I have been doing for the past months.
Good Luck

What do you do? Date: Sun, 15 Jun 16:23
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
I think Dee gives good advice unless you can persuade a kind relative to have a 'blitz' in return for a nice meal or a homemade cakeemoticon

What do you do? Date: Sun, 15 Jun 19:34
Author: Custom IconImpy Location: Garden of England Profile
I also agree with Dee, I think as you see it start to look like "normal" it gives you a feeling of satisfaction and a bit more enthusiasm to do a bit more. But don't rush it, take it slow and easy.

What do you do? Date: Mon, 16 Jun 09:04
Also, get a low stool and do what you can sitting down. I have a Black & Decker toolbox on wheels in which I keep my small gardening tools, twine etc and i wheel myself around on that.

What do you do? Date: Mon, 16 Jun 16:19
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
Thank you all for your replies. You've really cheered me up. I have started already, just clearing a little patch here and there. The idea of "Madge on wheels" really made me chuckle! emoticon Can we have a picture Madge?

What do you do? Date: Tue, 17 Jun 03:35
Well done Joanna. I'm not very good at taking 'selfies'emoticon

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat