Home Over the garden gate forum
Back to Forum
 alnmouth KathrynP - Fri, 11 Apr 09:31
alnmouth Madge - Sat, 12 Apr 19:40
alnmouth KathrynP - Sun, 13 Apr 16:43
alnmouth Madge - Fri, 18 Apr 13:04

alnmouth Date: Fri, 11 Apr 09:31
Author: Custom IconKathrynP Location: South Cumbria Profile
going toAlnmouth soon and apart from Alnwick Castle can anyone suggest any "must visit" places for us? Can't wait to see the poison garden and the water features at Alnwick.

alnmouth Date: Sat, 12 Apr 19:40
Author: Default User IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
Yes, visit BARTER BOOKS in Alnwick, very near to Alnwick Castle Gardens and is run by friends of mine - Stuart and Mary Manley. Mention my name to Stu or Mary and you will be well treatedemoticon

It is one of the largest secondhand bookshops in Europe with many unusual features, including the restored Station Buffet which sells excellent bacon butties!

Alnmouth is a super little seaside town with superb bird watching from the nearby Farne Islands, which you can visit from Seahouses. Another 'must' just up the road is Bamburgh Castle and, of course, Holy Island/Lindisfarne to brave the tide and to see the beautiful Lindisfarne Gospels.

alnmouth Date: Sun, 13 Apr 16:43
Author: Custom IconKathrynP Location: South Cumbria Profile
thanks Madge - Ill let you know what we do. Our son, wife and two little girls will be with us so we will possibly be limited but we'll do our best to visit Barter Books

alnmouth Date: Fri, 18 Apr 13:04
Author: Default User IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
They have a very nice children's section Kathryn.

I forgot to give you the link:

http://www.barterbooks.co.uk/html/About%20Us/The%20Bookshop.php

They were featured on the Michael Portillo rakil programme and the recent one on Northumbria.

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat