What a difference. Dee - Fri, 4 Apr 09:03
What a difference. Madge - Fri, 4 Apr 11:18
What a difference. Seattle Babs - Sat, 5 Apr 15:37
What a difference. Lisa58 - Sun, 6 Apr 00:59
What a difference. Liz - Sun, 6 Apr 10:11
What a difference. Impy - Sun, 6 Apr 10:49

What a difference. Date: Wed, 2 Apr 16:14
Author: Custom IconLiz Location: Hants/Berks border Profile
I thought Spring was with us the last few days but no such luck. Today is dull cloudy and cold again in this area. Rain is forecast but this has not reached us yet. We have lit the open fire and have come to the conclusion if the weather does not improve we are going to have to order another load of firewood logs. Even the birds seem to be hiding. emoticon emoticon

What a difference. Date: Wed, 2 Apr 17:41
Author: Custom IconKathrynP Location: South Cumbria Profile
It's been lovely here for a couple of days - really bright and sunny. Rain is forecast. We've put the central heating back on tonight as a seagull managed to hit both of us whilst out shopping and I've had to wash both coats/jackets. Don't anyone dare say that it's good luck! It's only good luck that it wasn't you that it attacked.

What a difference. Date: Thu, 3 Apr 08:23
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
The days have been warm here but the nights are dtill cold.

What a difference. Date: Thu, 3 Apr 08:53
Author: Custom IconDee Location: Mid Suffolk Profile
Same here ... some really pleasant days with chilly evenings.

What a difference. Date: Thu, 3 Apr 16:21
It has been dull again all day today and it is still chilly. There is so much to do in the garden but not the weather to feel like actually getting out there. I am not allowed out there anyway but after talking to some local neighbours they have not done a lot yet either. Are we all getting lazy in our old age ??????

What a difference. Date: Fri, 4 Apr 09:03
Author: Custom IconDee Location: Mid Suffolk Profile
Here in Suffolk, the recent weather has been spring-like.
I didn't think I was 'over the hill' until I tried to use the lawn mower ... I swear it has got heavier as the years have gone by.
It takes me all spring, to do the gardening jobs I should have done in late autumn and winter. Slowly but surely, I get the jobs done.

What a difference. Date: Fri, 4 Apr 11:18
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
I just do the containers these days and employ a husband and wife gardening team to do the rest for £30 a fortnight. They will also do other odd jobs around the house when the weather is bad.

My camellias are beautiful this year thanks to all the rain but my tulips haven't done well.

What a difference. Date: Sat, 5 Apr 15:37
Author: Custom IconSeattle Babs Location: Seattle, WA USA Profile
The winter was mild and the spring has been very wet. Should get out there and start the clean up. Trying to motivate myself, hard to do when it's wet and chilly.

What a difference. Date: Sun, 6 Apr 00:59
Author: Custom IconLisa58 Location: Pennsylvania Profile
We had a really terrible winter this year. It snowed this past Monday! Getting much nicer now. Rain last two days. Hope to get out tomorrow to prune back some knockout roses and some perennials to get cleaned up. My tulips are poking up nicely now. The robins are all over the place poking in the grass and soil for worms. While it's nicer out now, still have to wear a bit of a jacket. I would say Spring is here in Pennsylvania! Yeah! emoticon

What a difference. Date: Sun, 6 Apr 10:11
It is a wet and windy morning again here. Had quite a lot of rain during the night. Another day we will not be able to do much out in the garden. At least John can get in the greenhouse doing bits and pieces. emoticon

What a difference. Date: Sun, 6 Apr 10:49
Author: Custom IconImpy Location: Garden of England Profile
Grey and drizzle here today but at least it is not cold.

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat