Lack of interest? Lisa58 - Sat, 29 Mar 14:05
Lack of interest? Seattle Babs - Sat, 29 Mar 15:59
Lack of interest? Impy - Sun, 30 Mar 17:01
Lack of interest? Gill - Mon, 31 Mar 08:52
Lack of interest? Madge - Tue, 1 Apr 16:26
Lack of interest? Liz - Tue, 1 Apr 17:01

Lack of interest? Date: Fri, 28 Mar 11:54
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
When I first joined OGG a few years ago it was a busy vibrant site. There were many photos and topics posted frequently. I don't know what's happened, but these days there seems much less interest. What has happened to the old stalwarts?

Lack of interest? Date: Fri, 28 Mar 21:55
Author: Custom IconDee Location: Mid Suffolk Profile
It is the way with many Forums ... members lost to Social Networking sites ...

Lack of interest? Date: Sat, 29 Mar 00:46
Author: Custom IconLittle chook Location: Australia Profile
Yes I agree, there were so many oggies that one looked forward to hearing from; they all seemed to have disappeared.

Lack of interest? Date: Sat, 29 Mar 11:49
Author: Default User Iconkathrynp Location: south cumbria Profile
I agree Joanna - I've tried but lack of response has put me off posting anything. Madge has kept it going and many thanks to her for that.

Lack of interest? Date: Sat, 29 Mar 11:59
Author: Custom IconLiz Location: Hants/Berks border Profile
It is a pity the forum is empty of comments most of the time. I think a lot of folk are so busy with their everyday life and trying to manage that there is just no time to sit on the computer. Some of the other Forums have been the same lately. Please let us try and keep this together as some of us have been here such a long time that we feel like close friends.

My health has been against me but I am thinking positive and as I am housebound now the computer means a lot to me.

Thanks to Madge and Clive for all their assistance

Lack of interest? Date: Sat, 29 Mar 14:05
Author: Custom IconLisa58 Location: Pennsylvania Profile
It isn't always a lack of interest, Joanna. A lack of free time is most often my excuse, but yes, other electronic mediums take away some of that time. There has not been much to say over this past winter except the tons of snow we received, taking my mother to doctor appointments or to therapy, chores, etc. Now that Spring might actually be here in Pennsylvania, I hope to be out cleaning up, pruning, and just gardening in general. That always gives me more energy and then when things begin to show in the garden, I start taking pictures again. I was actually out in the garden yesterday in between raindrops raking up the leaves I never got around to last Fall. The robins will be glad, as they can find open soil and snag some worms! My snowdrops are in bloom in the back yard and my tulips are coming up in the front yard. I'll try to post more often, as I also remember the fun times on OGG and the chat room in years past. emoticon

Lack of interest? Date: Sat, 29 Mar 15:59
Author: Custom IconSeattle Babs Location: Seattle, WA USA Profile
Yes, it's like crickets here. A ghost town for websites. A pity, used to enjoy posting here. I check in maybe once a month.
Madge can't keep this site alive by herself.

Lack of interest? Date: Sun, 30 Mar 17:01
Author: Custom IconImpy Location: Garden of England Profile
It has been very quiet on here over the past couple of years although I have always been around, I know that folk do come and go but I think that a lot of folk have now gone on to facebook etc., and they don't bother with forums such as this anymore which is a great shame. I put my hand up to not posting as much as I used to do but that is because like Kathryn I felt like no one was interested or responded so I stopped and just visited / read the threads. I would certainly miss OGG if it closed especially as I have been an Oggie since 1999, maybe we should all try and post more and breathe new life into the garden.

Lack of interest? Date: Mon, 31 Mar 08:52
Author: Custom IconGill Location: Russell NZ Profile
I've been slack.... but all I do nowadays is bird rescue and tis only topic of conversation I have! And I think how boring for most people. But yes, I sort of miss Ogg and my old friends here. Tis autumn here or coming into it and I will have more time, hopefully, but goodness, rescue HAS taken over my life emoticon

Lack of interest? Date: Tue, 1 Apr 16:26
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
I think Twitter and Facebook are taking their toll because that is where oeople communicate these dayaemoticon I miss the OGG of oldemoticon

Lack of interest? Date: Tue, 1 Apr 17:01
Author: Custom IconLiz Location: Hants/Berks border Profile
You are right Madge but Facebook etc., will never be the same as the fun we used to have on OGG. Can we all try and get some of that atmosphere back on here.?

There are so many interesting subjects I am sure most of us would be able to enter into just given a shove.emoticon

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat