Home Over the garden gate forum
Back to Forum
 floods etc kathrynp - Sat, 4 Jan 09:49
floods etc joanna - Mon, 6 Jan 15:17
floods etc Madge - Tue, 7 Jan 10:03

floods etc Date: Sat, 4 Jan 09:49
Author: Default User Iconkathrynp Location: south cumbria Profile
Just wondered how Oggies in flood hit areas - Cornwall, Devon etc are coping. Hope you are ok.
Some flooding up here and people evacuated, quiet today though.Our flood barriers go up at the first hint of heavy rain although I know that the chances of us flooding again are remote. Really feel for the people with river water ingress.

floods etc Date: Mon, 6 Jan 15:17
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
Here in Cornwall it has been very wet and windy with occasional thunder and lightning as well. Luckily I live on a hill, but all the lanes and bridleways have been awash. I have to hose the dogs down every time I take them for a walk.

A holiday maker was swept out to sea over the New Year from a dangerous beach in Porthleven. Locals know of the danger, but visitors don't realise especially if they've had a few drinks. There has also been a very sad disappearance of someone from the cliffs at Godrevy lighthouse near Hayle. It was probably a suicide, a woman of 39, an artist from St Ives. Very sad. Her body has not yet been found.

floods etc Date: Tue, 7 Jan 10:03
Author: Default User IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
Luckily I live in the 'hilly heights of Hertfordshire' so am not subject to flooding but my garden and my containers are saturated and I fear many plants will be killed by overwatering, especially those in containers and especially if it freezesemoticon.

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat