Back to Forum
 Ist time visitor joanna - Sun, 29 Dec 13:22
Ist time visitor Impy - Sun, 29 Dec 14:19
Ist time visitor Little chook - Thu, 2 Jan 04:45
Ist time visitor Brian and Elaine - Thu, 2 Jan 20:50
Ist time visitor joanna - Fri, 3 Jan 20:29

Ist time visitor Date: Sun, 29 Dec 13:22
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
I bought some food for the birds for Christmas called Cranberry Nibbles from RSPB shop. My feathered friends didn't show much interest at first, then I noticed the level going down in the feeder. I just walked in the kitchen to see a spotted woodpecker feeding away. He was there for a good 5 minutes. I'm so pleased! That was my mum's favourite bird. emoticon

Ist time visitor Date: Sun, 29 Dec 14:19
Author: Custom IconImpy Location: Garden of England Profile
Isn't it a lovely feeling when you see the most unexpected visitor to the feeders emoticon

Ist time visitor Date: Thu, 2 Jan 04:45
Author: Custom IconLittle chook Location: Australia Profile
Hi Joanna, I used to put seed out for the little grass birds here in North Qld., but the sulphur crested cockatoos ome down & steal it; they (the cockies) can be a damn nuisance to me; they make the most dreadful noise flying over, & roost in a poincianna tree that hangs over my washing line; you can guess what happens to my sheets! I have washed one three times & the stain still won't come out; I'll have to bleach it!

Ist time visitor Date: Thu, 2 Jan 20:50
Author: Default User IconBrian and Elaine Location: Blackbutt, Queensland, Austral Profile
It's interesting how birds and animals find food and water no matter where the supply is. We've always had bird baths and water barrels scattered around our 5 acre property. Over the years, some have become overgrown with Elaine's shrubs and are forgotten about. Then, after a heavy pruning session they are rediscovered and topped up with water and within a day, they will be in use again. The same with the bird feeders. For a number of months, while we were both out of action recovering from open heart surgery, the feeders were neglected. After a few weeks the birds stopped coming. When we were able to fill them again the birds returned that same day. We also leave seed out for the bettongs - little kangaroo like critters about the size of a cat. I'll see if I can dig up a picture and pop it in the album.

Ist time visitor Date: Fri, 3 Jan 20:29
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
I've never heard of bettongs. I'd love to see a picture. emoticon

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat