OGG is in the Doldrums:( Madge - Tue, 19 Nov 13:41
OGG is in the Doldrums:( Jill ont - Thu, 21 Nov 23:49
OGG is in the Doldrums:( Dee - Fri, 22 Nov 19:34
OGG is in the Doldrums:( Impy - Fri, 22 Nov 19:56
OGG is in the Doldrums:( Seattle Babs - Sun, 24 Nov 17:18
OGG is in the Doldrums:( Seattle Babs - Sun, 24 Nov 17:20

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Mon, 4 Nov 09:17
Author: Default User IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
Where is everyone? I do miss regular contributions to the Forum from my old friendsemoticon I guess 'social media' has taken over and as I don;t do either Facebook or Twitter I am left on the OGG shelfemoticonemoticon

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Mon, 4 Nov 15:17
Author: Custom IconLiz Location: Hants/Berks border Profile
It is a pity OGG is like this Madge. We have been here a very long time now and enjoyed many happy hours. Please let us try and keep it going. Facebook and Twitter will never compare with this.

Come on everyone. Please try and visit more often and write a message. Any subject is worth a little debate and whatever is happening weatherwise or in your garden is always of interest. emoticon emoticon

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Mon, 4 Nov 19:55
Author: Custom IconImpy Location: Garden of England Profile
I am always around Madge, I don't do facebook or twitter either.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Tue, 5 Nov 06:24
Author: Custom IconLittle chook Location: Australia Profile
I agree with you Madge; I was in hospital for 4 months with a brain op. 2011/2012 & now I'm home again, I seem to have lost all the Oggies I had to chat to before that; I'm wondering too where they all have gone; I do facebook & twitter occasionally but haven't come across any of them there

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Tue, 5 Nov 22:38
Author: Custom IconGill Location: Russell BOI NZ Profile
'ello 'ello! Sorry to hear of your op Little Chook emoticon
I don't get 'here' as often nowadays... just too busy with bird rescue. I've had 92 birds in this year and spring has hardly even arrived as yet. Currently have 12 ducks in care, eating us out of house and home and pooing constantly (great for the vege garden though!). Will post some pics on the album and try to get here more often.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Wed, 6 Nov 01:17
I hope you are feeling better now after your hospital ordeal Little Chook. I had a time in hospital late last year and still not 100% Have to have regular checks and tests.There are days when I am completely under par but I must think positive.

Nice to see you here Gill. You must be proud of your work with all those birds. You see so much suffering among the wildlife and it is lovely to hear you being so dedicated.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Wed, 6 Nov 17:49
Author: Custom IconJean Location: Teignmouth Devon Profile
Hi to all Oggies-even though I haven't been checking up on OGG recently I had noticed a decline in comments over last few months...

Will try to read OGG more often and hopefully add comments again !

Am still busy with school wildlife area 2 mornings per week-so much so I had to pay someone to help me with hedge cutting in my home garden!

http://inverteignwildlifearea.wordpress.com

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Wed, 6 Nov 18:09
Author: Custom IconDee Location: Mid Suffolk Profile
I look in on OGG every day, but because my Antivirus clears all my cookies, I appear as a guest. Constantly re-typing my particulars becomes a bit of a bind. I am doing my bit to keep afloat a 'closed' forum of which I am an Administrator ... most of the members have moved to FB and Twitter.. .. I am registered with FB .. .. but I am not a fan of Social Networking.

The more discerning, will stay faithful to this type of forum .. ..

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Wed, 6 Nov 19:49
Ooooh, I have never been called discerning before Dee emoticon emoticon

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Thu, 7 Nov 17:23
Oh you are, you are Impyemoticon I think you are OGGie's llongerst contributor too? I joined around 2001 but I think you were already here?

So many bad things seem to happen on Twitter and Facebook so I feel much safer amongst friends here, and with Clive as Webmaster. We ought to try for another 'Meet' next year, perhaps at Birmingham in the Spring?

Thanks for your responses everyone - you have cheered me up on a grey dayemoticon

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Thu, 7 Nov 20:37
You are right Madge, I have been in the garden for a long time, I think it was 1999 when I joined OGG.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Thu, 7 Nov 23:17
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
I've been thinking it's a bit quiet here these days too, Madge. There aren't so many pictures posted either and I do love seeing everyone's photos. emoticon

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Sun, 10 Nov 15:14
Author: Custom IconSeattle Babs Location: Seattle Profile
I use to be a regular a long time ago. I think I too started in 2001, I remember being here on 9/11 and was new to the site and to the internet. I'm on Facebook all the time now. I have so many sources from FB, that provides me with instant news and of course updates on relatives and friends. When I come here it seems very quiet, not enough going on to keep me connected. This was my first internet community and will always have fond memories of it.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Mon, 11 Nov 12:45
Author: Custom IconOwdboggy Location: UK Profile
I pop in most days, but as folks say, there is not much new in the way of postings.
Don't do FB or Twitter.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Mon, 18 Nov 00:32
Author: Default User IconBrian and Elaine Location: Blackbutt, Queensland, Australia Profile
Our excuse for not being active for quite a while is that three years ago Elaine required open heart surgery to replace a valve and an aorta. The following year I suffered a heart attack and ended up having a triple bypass. Both of us suddenly became aware that we are not as young as we used to be and also that we aren't going to live forever.

Now, we both feel like teenagers - but when we try doing the things that teenagers do, we either get dizzy and fall over, or we lie down for ten minutes and wake up only to find that a couple of hours have slipped by.

Will try to keep posting but can't offer any guarantees as to how long this will continue. Will try and rustle up some piccies of the wildlife that abounds on our 5 acres.

It won't be ours for much longer as we have come to find that we are past being able to keep it in shape and so have put it on the market and plan to move into an "over 50s" retirement village.

Bets wishes to all (old and new) Oggies, for the coming festive season.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Mon, 18 Nov 12:03
Great to see you popping in the garden Brian, I thought of you the other week when we were seeing news of the bush fires, not really remembering where in OZ you are located. Sorry to hear that both you and Elaine have been unwell but pleased to hear that you are both okay now, teenagers in your mind but not in the body eh???? Hope the sale of your property goes well and that you enjoy your new life in a retirement village, please keep popping into the garden as it is nice to hear about your "world". Best wishes to you both.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Mon, 18 Nov 15:27
Great to see you on here Brian. Sorry to hear about both of your health problems. I have been through a bad patch as well. Let us hope that 2014 will be a better year for us all. I am sure you will enjoy your retirement home and be able to take life easier.

Look forward to seeing some photos of your garden etc., emoticon emoticon

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Tue, 19 Nov 13:38
Lovely to see you popping in Brian but sorry to hear the bad news. emoticon Keep us posted on the retirement home plans.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Tue, 19 Nov 13:41
I have very fond memories of Babs and all her posts about gardening, her pets and Kelsey - now at university. It is sad to have lost her to Facebook but I still count her as one of the many cyber-friends who I met on OGGemoticon

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Thu, 21 Nov 23:49
Author: Default User IconJill ont Location: Ontario Canada Profile
I pop in from time to time but this year has been a disaster for me. being diagnosed with breast cancer early in the year was bad enough but the chemo was horrific and i ended up in hospital twice. the seconded time with a very bad case of pneumonia which I am just about over took well over 2 months to get over that. I never completed the chemo as I was so scared of getting so sick again. Then I had to face all the radiation which was not so bad but since then trying to get over the chemo effects is taking its time. I hardly looked at my camera let alone took pictures. In fact I missed out on summer all together as I was so sensitive to the sun. I hope to get back to normal ( as best I can) next year.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Fri, 22 Nov 19:34
Author: Custom IconDee Location: Mid-Suffolk Profile
Oh dear! What a year you have endured ... I do hope 2014 proves to be a happier year for you Jill. Stay strong .... my best wishes are winging their way to you.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Fri, 22 Nov 19:56
Sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction Jill, hope that you are feeling much better and getting stronger by the day.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Sun, 24 Nov 17:18
Yes of course Madge! Pop in from time to time to see the old gang. emoticon Always fun to see your postings.

OGG is in the Doldrums:( Date: Sun, 24 Nov 17:20
Jill, it's always good to see your posts. I had a friend who went through the battle of breast cancer for the 2nd time in her life. This time it's much worse, but she is now doing well and is enjoying her victory of getting through the ordeal.

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat