weather Impy - Mon, 28 Oct 20:00
weather Liz - Tue, 29 Oct 01:12
weather Madge - Tue, 29 Oct 07:36
weather Gill - Tue, 29 Oct 07:40
weather Madge - Tue, 29 Oct 09:24
weather joanna - Wed, 30 Oct 23:26

weather Date: Mon, 28 Oct 08:24
Author: Custom IconGill Location: Russell BOI NZ Profile
See on our news that you are in for bad weather... hope it isn't too bad for you all!

weather Date: Mon, 28 Oct 20:00
Author: Custom IconImpy Location: Garden of England Profile
Hi Gill, for me in my corner of the U.K. the storm wasn't as bad as the one in 1987, although one poor girl lost her life when a tree came down and crushed the mobile home she was sleeping in, I believe in total there were 4 deaths attributed to the storm.

weather Date: Tue, 29 Oct 01:12
Author: Custom IconLiz Location: Hants/Berks border Profile
We had a very rough night and one of our small canopies in the garden blew over into the hedge. Needs a few minor repairs now but think it will survive another season. Branches also over our bank but at least they will supply us with some firewood for the open fire. We had a couple of electricity cuts but they did not last for long.

weather Date: Tue, 29 Oct 07:36
Author: Default User IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
Nothing much happened in this part of Hertfordshire although there was a death in nearby Watford from a falling tree. I saw that a boy of 14 was drowned whilst playing in the surf at Newhaven - what a very silly thing to do at the height of a storm!emoticon

weather Date: Tue, 29 Oct 07:40
Author: Custom IconGill Location: Russell BOI NZ Profile
Strange strange weather patterns. Glad it wasn't toooo bad for you all. Mother Nature must be getting mad at us all and I wouldn't blame her emoticon

weather Date: Tue, 29 Oct 09:24
Author: Default User IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
I fear there is worse to come as climate changes increase all over the world. They are saying that the melting ice caps are contributing to our changes in weather but I worry more about the poor polar bears....

http://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Threats-to-Wildlife/Global-Warming/Effects-on-Wildlife-and-Habitat/Polar-Bears.aspx

weather Date: Wed, 30 Oct 23:26
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
It wasn't too bad here in Cornwall, certainly not as bad as 1987. I think it got worse as it travelled across the country.

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat