Naughty Lucy! joanna - Wed, 31 Jul 00:23
Naughty Lucy! Mrs O - Wed, 31 Jul 22:23
Naughty Lucy! Madge - Sat, 3 Aug 15:30
Naughty Lucy! Mrs O - Mon, 5 Aug 19:50
Naughty Lucy! dawn carter - Wed, 7 Aug 07:24
Naughty Lucy! Heather - Sat, 24 Aug 00:15

Naughty Lucy! Date: Tue, 30 Jul 15:19
Author: Default User IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
Lucy has been catching butterflies and eating them!! Yesterday I prevented her from catching several by shouting at her but then she brought one in for me; a Red Admiral, placed at my feet if you please!! Presumably he thinks I am shouting at her because she isn't sharingemoticon

Lucy is the first cat I have had which I haven't brought up from kittenhood and so she has bad habits, at 2 years old, which I cannot now untrain. I discouraged all my former cats (15 of them!) from hunting by saying NO loudly and banging a newspaper whenever they crouched or slunk along the ground - which they do as soon as they can walk. Alas! I am having little success with Lucy and my only hope is that she is too fat and slow to be very successfulemoticon

Naughty Lucy! Date: Wed, 31 Jul 00:23
Author: Custom Iconjoanna Location: Cornwall Profile
Oh dear! Maybe when she catches one that tastes nasty, she'll stop doing it.

Naughty Lucy! Date: Wed, 31 Jul 22:23
Author: Custom IconMrs O Location: N . Lincolnshire Profile
Two of my cats used to do the same when they were younger emoticon ,thankfully they seem to have grown out of it ( or no longer as fast as they were ) emoticon

Naughty Lucy! Date: Sat, 3 Aug 15:30
Author: Default User IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
I am going to Sidmouth for a week tomorrow and she will be looked after by my lodger and a vet nurse, who does my catsitting. I hope they don't get treated to 'presents'emoticon The buddleia tree next door, by my patio, is alive with both cabbage whites and red admirals at the moment...

Naughty Lucy! Date: Mon, 5 Aug 19:50
Author: Custom IconMrs O Location: Lincolnshire Profile
I've not seen a red admiral in years emoticon .... our garden is rife with Cabbage Whites, Peacocks & Small Tortoiseshells this year ,with the odd Comma making an appearance !

Enjoy your holiday Madge emoticon

Naughty Lucy! Date: Wed, 7 Aug 07:24
Author: Default User Icondawn carter Location: tauranga new zealand Profile
My. morgan catches cicadas and eats them. Hes not clever or fast enough to catch the monarch butterflies.

Naughty Lucy! Date: Sat, 24 Aug 00:15
Author: Custom IconHeather Location: NZ Profile
Aha Madge. They do that. I get brought the odd Red Admiral but mainly Monarchs and in February, cicadas. I get the odd skink also and Abby thought it was a good idea to bring a young rat inside and let it go, then chase it all over the house at 2am!. Naughty Abby.

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat