Please tell me about your pets Mrs O - Thu, 1 Aug 08:34
Please tell me about your pets Heather - Sat, 24 Aug 00:13
Please tell me about your pets dawn carter - Fri, 28 Jun 06:23
Please tell me about your pets Little chook - Thu, 29 Aug 10:05
Please tell me about your pets Pine Marten - Thu, 5 Sep 17:22
Please tell me about your pets Heather - Sat, 14 Sep 01:55

Please tell me about your pets Date: Sat, 22 Jun 11:26
Author: Custom IconHeather Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Profile
Gill is Rosie still with us? Madge what about your Cleo? And so on. I'd love to know who has got what pets, please. Some of you knew some of ours but those ones are gone now and we have new ones - Abby, Gemma and Tessa. I'm interested emoticon

I'm tempted to classify this thread as wildlife emoticon

Please tell me about your pets Date: Sat, 22 Jun 17:07
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
Cleo died in September last year Teversal and Cagney in 2007, both sadly missedemoticonemoticon. I 'rescued' Lucy, another black cat, in March and she has settled in very well. She is a plump, lively 2 year old (pics in the Album).

Please tell me about your pets Date: Sat, 22 Jun 21:18
Author: Custom IconGill Location: Russell NZ Profile
No Heather, Rosie long gone I'm sorry to say. We have another rescue little Maltese dog, Dora who we have had for 3 years now, she is 6. Plus our 2 cats, Ollie and Hester who are getting elderly now. Plus a Lorikeet called Ruby who is quite a character plus.... wait for it... Daisy the Paradise Shelduck who lives with us and has taken over my life somewhat emoticon

Please tell me about your pets Date: Sun, 23 Jun 03:35
Is Teversal Heather in disguise?!emoticonemoticon

Please tell me about your pets Date: Tue, 25 Jun 00:15
Author: Custom IconHeather Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Profile
That's me Madge. I might get Clive to change my user name. I always was Teversal but then you all got to know me as Heather as well. I'll see what I can do. emoticon

Please tell me about your pets Date: Tue, 25 Jun 07:47
Teversal sounds male Heatheremoticon

Please tell me about your pets Date: Wed, 26 Jun 05:58
Author: Custom IconHeather Location: NZ Profile
I never thought of it like that Madge. I've emailed Clive to see if he can change me to Heather as you all know me as that too emoticon

Please tell me about your pets Date: Wed, 26 Jun 08:00
Author: Default User Iconmelanie Location: Maldon Profile
My Sasha is now 15 she is still running about but her sight is not so good. I have my marine fish still

Please tell me about your pets Date: Fri, 28 Jun 06:17
Author: Default User Icondawn carter Location: tauranga new zealand Profile
I have morgan who is 11and a half.He came from spca when he was eighteen months old. Such a lovely cuddly cat,who thinks he owns us and the neighbourhood as wellhttp://www.overthegardengate.net/forums/chat/images/smile.gif

Please tell me about your pets Date: Fri, 28 Jun 06:23
we have morgan. who is eleven and a half. He came from the spca when he was eighteen months old. such a cuddly lovable cat. sleeps on the bed each night and thinks he owns the neighbourhood

Please tell me about your pets Date: Sun, 30 Jun 01:21
Hi Madge, Clive's sorted me out emoticon You now know me officially as you know that I am emoticon
Madge, Gill and a few of you others, will remember we had Cleopatra who passed away at 18 mid one December then a week later - Christmas week - I had the heartbreak of telling you all that we'd just had to bury Holly as she'd been killed outside our place. The love and compassion I got from you all over there, was felt and appreciated. Then our hearts were soothed with Abby and Gemma who are sisters emoticon The paw prints they leave on our hearts, stay forever.

Please tell me about your pets Date: Sun, 30 Jun 01:23
Thanks Dawn. You a kiwi or just live here? Tauranga is lovely spot.

Please tell me about your pets Date: Sun, 30 Jun 01:27
Hello Melanie, How are you? You were here too when I was last also. Gee it's years ago now.

Please tell me about your pets Date: Wed, 3 Jul 22:24
Hi Heather. Yes I live in Tauranga and have been here for 25 years. Love the sea and do a lot of swimming in the summer at the mount. Where in NZ are you. cheers Dawn

Please tell me about your pets Date: Wed, 10 Jul 06:40
Dawn, I'm Christchurch born and bred - our shaky all fall down city but we're getting there emoticon I still manage to find beauty here.

Please tell me about your pets Date: Thu, 11 Jul 00:09
Good for you Heather. Were you affected by the quake. what a horrible thing to happen. I have been to christchurch several times and loved it. The last time we went down the avon river in the gondola. very romantic. we looked at moving there several years ago and looked at a house in kaipoi and wonder if it is still standing. I especially loved the botanic gardens. fabulous . I see the 150 years celebration of the gardens is coming up. A very English city. I wanted to be able to grow paeonies as it it is too hot in Tauranga for them. My husband comes from Cornwall U K and remembers his mum having gardens of paeonies. Take care Dawn

Please tell me about your pets Date: Sat, 13 Jul 05:42
Dawn we saw thousands of beautiful paeonies when we went to Beijing in May of last year. They were everywhere. Just beautiful.
Our home is clad in cedar so because it's wooden withstood the shaking better than some clad in bricks. The February one were were only a few kms away from the epicentre and the neighbours that were home said it was the most frightening experience they've ever known. We only have some cosmetic damage but we lost a lot of treasures. The pantry was a sticky mess. We are lucky. We didn't lose anyone, nor our jobs nor our pets. A lot of pets became displaced and some saw their owners reprioritise their value in the family life. So sad when once family members became abandoned goods. Poor darlings. We're fine though. Our city is taking shape slowly and the shaking mostly stopped.

Please tell me about your pets Date: Thu, 1 Aug 08:34
Author: Custom IconMrs O Location: N . Lincolnshire Profile
Hi Heather emoticon

I'm still catching up on threads as only recently come back into the Oggy garden ! .... It seems a much much quieter place than I remember it :o !!

Back in the earlier days I had my lovely rabbit called Warren & Merlin the albino Guinea Pig , then we got Scamp & Daisy ( more Guineas ) also Fudge & Fairy ( more Rabbits ) ....all sadly passed away now emoticon but great little characters when they were around !

Then came along the ' Rescue Cats ' .... Firstly Kody , a black short haired cat , hand reared from the age of 5 days old ( we have a very special bond & she follows me like my shadow emoticon she's 7 in September .
Six weeks after taking on Kody we aquired Charly ( he's the same age as her ) a lovely Tabby cat & a proper Lad ( although loves cuddles when no-one's watching emoticon
About a year or so later we took on Vixen ( she's also a short haired black cat ) & just had her 7th birthday , she loves to be outside in the garden flitting between both neighbours gardens too ( she's got a bad heart tho & now permanently on medication ) but a very happy cat nonetheless .
Then along came Zafira ( a black & white cat just like in the Felix ads ) she was one of the cats I originally foster cared for ( I used to help out at the local Cat Rescue about 5 yr ago ) , she a very chilled out kitty & also loves being out with me in the garden . I think she's about 5 & a half now ....
then last but not least there's little Jack !! the most mischievous one of the bunch emoticon ...hand reared from only 2 days old , a real little character indeed ( also a short haired black ) he's about 3 & a half now ..... ( when I eventually get a new camera I post some pictures ) ...... on to of all that we also feed a stray cat i've name ' Tommy ' ...he's been coming around for the last 4 yrs now , he doesn't like being in the house tho & only feels safe outside , he lets me stroke him tho when I feed him but shys away from anyone else , I do manage to worm him & Frontline him ( flea control ) albeit carefully ..lol .

Oh yes, I nearly forgot the girls .... we have 4 Rescue chickens ( ex-batts ) on Luna is left from the original 4 ( she a brown hen , but we also have Jasmine ( a pure white hen ) .... great little characters too ...pictures of them to follow in due course ( they are both about 3yrs old now )

So there you have it , my every growing family & I love them ALL !!

Please tell me about your pets Date: Sat, 24 Aug 00:13
Mrs O, that's wonderful. Bless you for taking in all your wee petals. Ex battery hens once their feathers have grown to how they should be, like all hens, have beautiful natures and are characters. That in itself is astounding considering what they've already endured at the hands of human beings!.
As a foot note, I quite agree that it's much quieter here now but still lovely.

Please tell me about your pets Date: Thu, 29 Aug 10:05
Author: Custom IconLittle chook Location: Australia Profile
Hi Heather, Idon't think I have 'talked' to you before about our pets; I have three Burmese cats, Honeybelle, a brown girl, about 10; Misty, a choccy girl, about 9; and Sam, a brown boy only 4 months; I had a gorgeous boy called Pedro, but he got stolen early in December 2012. heartbreaking. So I got little Sam to fill the big 'gap' What sort of pets do you have & where do you live? It would be nice to talk to somebody about their little animals; I hope to hear from you.

Please tell me about your pets Date: Thu, 5 Sep 17:22
Author: Default User IconPine Marten Location: SW.Devon Profile
I Have a Lancashire Heeler. Lovely little dog. Loves people, But not to fond of other dogs. Hes just not an in your face dog.

Please tell me about your pets Date: Sat, 14 Sep 01:55
Hello Little Chook. As you're Australian we're family (ANZAC family). I'm in Christchurch. Where are you?
We have three cats. Abby (tabby), Gemma (black & white) and they are sisters from the same little. There are photos in the album. Tessa is a seal point siamese who was dumped at our golf course. Photo in the album of her too. Abby and Gem will be 8 in November and Tess is about 3 years old. All spoilt beyond imagine.

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat