reason I have not ben on here much Gill - Sat, 25 May 21:25
reason I have not ben on here much Jill ont - Sat, 25 May 22:26
reason I have not ben on here much Madge - Mon, 27 May 09:44
reason I have not ben on here much Mimi - Tue, 28 May 14:20
reason I have not ben on here much Nonni - Sat, 8 Jun 00:22
reason I have not ben on here much Heather - Fri, 14 Jun 09:14

reason I have not ben on here much Date: Fri, 24 May 20:41
Author: Default User IconJill ont Location: Ontario Canada Profile
I was diagnosed with Breast cancer earlier in the year and its been some what of a roller coaster ride since then. I had a lumpectomy 5 weeks ago and luckily the lymph node are not involved. I opted to have chem to be on the safe side though there was not a real reason to do it except as they say they do not know if there are any other errant rogue cells drifting around. Yesterday I had the first chemo treatment, Last night i just could not sleep ,just not tired. My youngest daughter stayed over night (my eldest came and sat with me for the chemo) funny thing was I had the chemo but my youngest daughter was the one getting sick last night. If thats the way it works she can stay over each time I have chemo. I am all right at the moment but we will have to see tomorrow. I have to have chem every other week and as this is the quicker way two days after each treatment I have to have a needle everyday for 8 days . I am supposed to give it to myself. Bill said he could do it I told him that is not going to happen, youngest daughter said she could as she used to give needles to pigs, that for sure is not going to happen either.The3 chemo last 4 months then I have to have a month of radiation everyday. they kindly said I could have Saturdays and Sundays off. St Catharines has a brand new state of the art hospital open on march 24 I had my surgery there two weeks or so later I at least timed that right as the old hospital was old and dreary . there is a beautiful cancer centre and they do the radiation there rather than sending you 50 klms to another hospital for it, I would not like to do that on a daily basis. Trying to keep my spirits up but not looking forward to losing my hair but I guess it saves on shampoo and wont be having any bad hair days perhaps only bad hat days. I will try and milk the situation for all its worth and get Bill to spoil me somewhat.Both daughters have been lovely in spoiling me

reason I have not ben on here much Date: Fri, 24 May 22:54
Author: Custom IconLisa58 Location: Pennsylvania Profile
Dear Jill~ I am very sorry to hear of your diagnosis. It is thankful your hospital close to you is brand new and state of the art. There are so many wonderful improvements they have made in cancer treatments, you are sure to be the recipient of that progress. I wish you well in your upcoming days of daily and weekly treatments, etc. Please accept my hug and pat on the back through the computer, as I have a few friends who have gone through what you are about to go through and they did well and got their lives back. You will too! Keep your chin up, don't worry about your hair as it will grow back eventually, and be thankful for your family who are already showing you so much care, love, and support. Best wishes~~ Lisa emoticon

reason I have not ben on here much Date: Sat, 25 May 06:18
Author: Custom IconGill Location: Russell, BOI, NZ Profile
I'm sorry you are going through this Jill. Not nice at all to face this but I'm glad you have family surrounding you and friends. I have a friend who has gone through very similar to you. She lost her hair due to the chemo and I had great fun
crocheting her purple vibrant hats (if you want one, please do sing out!). She wore the hats with applomb, she laughed and she cried at times but she has now been
given total clearance. Her hair has grown back, glossy AND curly! (She always wanted to have curly hair and has now got it). You will weather this storm also. Fill your days ahead with flowers, sunshine, love and laughter and stay positive. emoticon

reason I have not ben on here much Date: Sat, 25 May 19:00
Author: Custom IconImpy Location: Garden of England Profile
So sorry to hear this Jill, sending you very best wishes for a full and speedy recovery emoticon I am glad you have such a lovely family to help you through the times when you may feel down, keep your spirits up and keep positive.

reason I have not ben on here much Date: Sat, 25 May 19:42
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
Sending you love and hugs for a speedy recovery Jillemoticon Buy lots of hats in cheerful colours, especially redemoticon

reason I have not ben on here much Date: Sat, 25 May 20:22
I do have a red sunhat Madge which i will try not to wear with purple as they might think I am a red hat lady.
Gilly your offer of a purple hat would be treasured forever. I do not have a purple one yet. I did make some head squares but not in purple and my youngest daughter gave me some scarf type things in several colours but purple. One is quite fun it is black with bright red Chinese dragons selected by her husband. I still do not like the idea of jabbing myself with needles . The nurse came and I was somewhat amused to find out she has more problems than me. She was a very sweet person and certainly tucked into the British flapjacks that I had just made ( for the non familiar British flapjacks are made from oatmeal, brown sugar, butter and golden syrup. they are not the pancake things popular in the US. ) My mum used to make them for me as a kid and I recently started making them and have made several people fans of them. I think when my hair falls out will be very trying for me but I will get by. It is a bit annoying to go around and everyone knows whats wrong with you , not something you can be private about.

reason I have not ben on here much Date: Sat, 25 May 21:25
Author: Custom IconGill Location: Russell, BOI, NZ Profile
Jill, if you send me your address via email or fb, I will put purple hat in mail to you... I have one here all finished with a matching scarf.

reason I have not ben on here much Date: Sat, 25 May 22:26
You are amazing Gilly. I will send address via pm on FB. I do love my purple . Thank you so very much.

reason I have not ben on here much Date: Mon, 27 May 09:44
Author: Custom IconMadge Location: Hertfordshire UK Profile
Think of yourself as a Jehovah's Witness or a member of the Hamish Jill, who have to wear headscarves all the timeemoticon And post a pic of you wearing Gill's hat and scarf when you receive it!

reason I have not ben on here much Date: Tue, 28 May 14:20
Author: Default User IconMimi Location: North Wales Profile
Im so very sorry to hear of your diagnosis Jill. You sound so very positive and I am sure that this is the way to go. Keep your chin up. Hope that your 100% again soon emoticon

reason I have not ben on here much Date: Sat, 8 Jun 00:22
Author: Custom IconNonni Location: The Secret Garden Profile
Sorry, I haven't been on OGG for a while, Jill.
Sending you Best Wishes For a Full Recovery. emoticon

reason I have not ben on here much Date: Fri, 14 Jun 09:14
Author: Custom IconHeather Location: Christchurch Profile
Hello Jill, We've not met because I'm new to you but old and I use that word lightly to Oggieland.
I'm so sorry to hear of your battle. Jill, people here care and support. Wishing everything good for you as you brave what's in front of you. emoticon

Back to Forum

Home   Album   Cottage   Garden   Wildlife   Play area   Market   Forum   Chat